Low FODMAP Crispy Chicken with Green Curry Casserole
Green curry casserole might sound a bit odd but it is delicious and the perfect way to enjoy FODMAPPED Green Curry simmer sauce this winter. It creates beautifully fragrant rice that goes really well with fresh low FODMAP vegetables. I love pairing the casserole with crispy baked chicken thighs to create a tasty dinner. Try it out today!
This post is proudly sponsored by FODMAPPED For You.
Only use the green tips of the spring onion and not the white stem.
Garlic infused oil is found in the oil section of your local supermarket.
Buy a risotto rice, I used Arborio rice – this rice will go creamier than standard long grain white rice.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF) fan bake. Make the marinade by blending together the green tips of the green onions/scallions , lime zest and juice, sugar, garlic infused oil and the neutral oil. Pat the chicken thighs dry using a paper towel and place in a large bowl. Pour over the marinade and season generously with salt and pepper. Then rub the marinade into the chicken.
- Line a roasting tray with tinfoil and place a cooling rack into the tray (don't worry if you don't have one - but you might find your chicken takes slightly longer to cook and you will need to line your tray with baking paper instead). Place the chicken on the rack skin down and top with any left over marinade. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut the carrot into cubes, place in a small bowl, add a splash of water and cover. Pop into the microwave and precook for 2 minutes on high, until just soft.
- Grease a large baking dish, add the pre-cooked carrot, risotto rice, FODMAPPED green curry simmer sauce, chicken stock, and water. Stir well and cover tightly with tin foil.
- Flip the chicken after 20 minutes and cook for another 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Place the green curry casserole into the oven and cook for 18 minutes.
- Next chop the green beans and red bell pepper into bite sized pieces.
- Check the risotto after 18 minutes, stir well (there should be a little bit of liquid left but not much). If most of the liquid has absorbed, mix through the green beans and red bell pepper and cook for about another 8 minutes.
- Serve the crispy chicken with the green curry casserole. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!